In this article, you will learn a lot of interesting facts about Canadian culture as well the good and bad things about Canada as a whole. So remove any distractions around you, turn off your phone and enjoy this article.
Basic facts about canada
- Canada officially became a country in 1867 after divorcing the United Kingdom and before that, Canada was simply a colony of the UK.
- Canada has the tenth-largest economy in the world with a GDP of 1.8 trillion, up from a year ago.
- The average annual income for a Canadian is around 47,000.
- As of 2020, Canada has a population of over 38 million people – making it the 38th largest population in the world.
- The country has a land area of 9,093,507 km – which means Canada is the second largest country in the world. It is a very, very big country… bigger than Europe put together.
- The country has 10 provinces, and 3 territories – all very big.
- Official languages are French and English, although most of the country speaks English.
- The capital city is Ottawa, a beautiful federal city with a population of over 1 million people. Since it is a federal city, the largest employer is the federal government, and then the city.
The top 3 largest cities in Canada are as follows:
The Good Things About Canada
- Canada is a very beautiful country, its cities and also its natural beauty. It has many UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- It is immigrant friendly – although its become more difficult to move here over time, Canada attracts people from all over the world.
- The country is clean, very organized and follows the rule of law. Almost everything is done by the big and to the highest and safest standards.
- Canada is a safe country for everyone – no worries about a bomb going off or random shootings.
- Health Care – it is not as good as in the United States and other countries, but it is universally free for everyone.
- It is a rich and developed country with very high standards of living.
The Bad Things About Canada
- Too cold, this is biggest complaint about Canada… during winter, it gets very cold. Pictures of the snow are nice, but the cold is not appealing.
- Living in Canada is expensive – unless you are making the annual average of over 47,000 and above – chances are very high that you will live paycheck to paycheck like most people.
- Too much taxation – if you are not a fan paying too much tax, then you will not like it here.
- Internet and Phone Service are very expensive, many say the most expensive in the world. For unlimited high speed internet, expect to pay at least $100 a month.
- Anyway, I hope you enjoyed these basic facts about canada, and some of the good and bad things about this great country.